Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Silk Road, Applecross 2 stars out of 5

Summary - OK, not great

Wednesday night at 8pm, not busy a little over half full and got seated next to the toilet on one of the few tables for 2 left. Why can they not see beyond the basics. I assume that if I return on a empty Monday I will again get to sit by the toilet. Although this is unlikely as I probably will not be back for awhile.

Negatives:
  • $8 corkage on the wine we had is way to much for such a little, basic place.
  • Overall the mains did not really taste of much.
  • The water glass was really small so they have to come to the table a lot to refill it (I like to drink water with my food and freely available tap water is part of the service in my opinion)
Positives:
  • service was comfortable and efficient, the waiter had a nice sense of humor
  • The food arrived promptly
  • the curry starter was excellent
  • the decour is nice enough
Overall:

At The Bridge restaurant down the road the food is better if you want Thai like food although the service can be slow. il Ciao is still the best Applecross restaurant for a quick and tasty and fun mid week meal.

No comments: