Friday, August 10, 2007

Bettyblue Bistro, Rockingham, 3 stars

Bettyblue Bistro Rockingham

02-08-2007
Ok the ocean view is great and it is difficult to have a bad time with such a view on beautiful day. The place itself is a little bare and less pleasing to the eye than other places on this stripe.

The service was certainty ok.

The one thing I really don't like in a place is the undisclosed substitution of ingredients. It colours my whole impression for a place. In this case the mushrooms, blue cheese and spinach salad was missing blue cheese, substituted by a pale bland soft cheese. I happened to be really looking forward to the bight and tangy taste of a good blue cheese. I am sure it is difficult to stock all the ingredients and anticipate the volumes of order across the menu. I am quiet happy if such substitutions are disclosed prior to the order being committed to, not to do so, presumably on the basis that I will not notice, feels disrespectful. That being said the food was well cooked and the others I was with enjoyed their meals.

No comments: